Clare Bailey is ‘The Retail Champion.’ She is an entrepreneur and one of the most well-known and respected retail experts in the UK.
The expert of choice for BBC News, BBC Breakfast, Sky News, and a host of other broadcasters, podcasters, and publications, Clare is a trusted media commentator. In addition she has been extremely active throughout the COVID 19 pandemic providing live insights and trends forecasts on the future of the retail sector. Commenting on its recovery, changing consumer behaviour, trends and how technology is driving fundamental change in the way consumers, and businesses, interact.
Her corporate background in senior retail, consulting and technology roles, coupled with her experience of creating and running her own business, means she is in huge demand as a speaker, masterclass presenter and trainer.
Clare is also author of two best-selling business books The Retail Champion and How to Sell to Retail – both published by Kogan Page.
To inquire about Clare please contact us
ExpertiseBusiness, Journalist, Retail, TV Presenter
TalentAuthor, Expert, Host, Presenter, Speaker
Read more about Clare Bailey
Considered by many to be the real Queen of Retail, Clare Bailey is a business owner, retail expert, high street campaigner and micro business champion. Known as the Retail Champion Clare is an expert in business and retail management as well as a published author, a much in demand speaker and regular contributor to a wide variety of broadcast and print media.
Her impressive and comprehensive knowledge is borne from a background in multiple senior retail roles alongside her experience in owning and running her own businesses. Clare understands consumer behaviour and knows what can make or break a retail venture whatever the size. She keeps informed on business and technological advances and can identify how brands can be affected by such changes.
To retailers Clare could be considered a business engineer – leveraging data and information to enable business owners to take informed decisions and aiding them in designing the most suitable processes and systems that enable their businesses to become scalable, saleable enterprises. She is also much in demand as a consultant and trainer in sales, negotiation and customer service skills.
In the media, Clare is frequently invited to join Good Morning Britain (previously Daybreak), BBC Breakfast, BBC News 24, Sky News, Channel 5 News, ITN News and Bloomberg. She also joins discussions on local and national radio stations on a whole raft of retail and consumer issues, high street regeneration and development, industry statistics and newly released data, and announcements of trading results. In addition, Clare features as a retail expert commentator for a wide range of B2B publications, offering advice and ideas for retailers struggling in tough trading conditions.
She has strong ethics and clear values, caring deeply about quality, reputation, credibility and integrity.
Other interesting points:
• Clare’s brand portfolio includes The Retail Champion, The Retail Conference, the Support for Independent Retail campaign and its associated events and activities, and the Future High Street Summit. She is also a non-executive director for several businesses, including e-mphasis Internet Marketing, beed virtual assistant services, Lion Bookkeeping & Debt Collection Services and Wordsmith Copywriting.
• Through her business activities, Clare is an active associate member of bira – British Independent Retailers Association. She is “Head Roadie” for Retail and Consumer-Facing Brands with Enterprise Rockers and a Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) real-life entrepreneur champion – recognised as an exemplary role model to inspire other real-life entrepreneurs.
• A best-selling author, Clare wrote The Retail Champion: 10 Steps to Retail Success, published by Kogan Page in July 2012. This was shortly followed by How to Sell to Retail: The Secrets of Getting Your Product to Market in February 2013.
• Clare’s event and conference portfolio have proven her success in event management. She organises and manages several events a year and handles the digital and print representation for each, which has resulted in fantastic working relationships with a broad database of contacts within the industry. Clare is also a very popular and highly respected keynote speaker, conference host and panellist at conferences and events around the world.
• Her charity commitments include her continued support for the Retail Trust since 2007, providing a free platform for the charity to promote to retailers through her own brand, The Retail Conference. She also provides services for the Trust’s ReWork programme, which aims to help people get back to work after being made redundant by retailers entering administration.
• Clare also helped with the Retail Trust programme to support independent retailers who had been victims of the London Riots in 2011, delivering specialist workshops and support in Croydon and Tottenham – the worse affected areas. She developed the Support for Independent Retail campaign and has invested her own time, resources, money and passion into making it the nationally recognised effort that it is today.
• From 2007 to 2009 (when it was disbanded), Clare was a Spark ambassador – encouraging more female entrepreneurs as well being an ambassador for the Make Your Mark in Retail campaign. She later provided free mentoring to Year 9 schoolchildren for the Make Your Mark for a Tenner campaign.